The Jiangsu Teachers’ Training Project started in 2004. It is sponsored
by the Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education (JPDE) and is
supported by 13 Municipal Education Bureaus of Jiangsu Province. Each
year, JESIE recruits around 120 short-term foreign teachers through the
Jiangsu Teachers’ Training Project to train Chinese teachers in over 60
teaching sites throughout Jiangsu Province. The purpose of the project is
to provide opportunities for Chinese teachers in kindergarten, primary,
and secondary education to improve their teaching skills and methods in English language teaching and in other subject matters. It is also a great
opportunity for foreign teachers to experience a different culture. This
project will facilitate the internationalization of Jiangsu Province in the
area of education and provide comprehensive support and services
related to all kinds of international teacher exchange programs.
1) JESIE is a non-profit organization that operates under the direct
leadership of Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education (JPDE) in
2) JESIE provides teachers a unique opportunity to establish a
relationship with Chinese teachers to instruct them in Western teaching methods.
3) JESIE only cooperates with local top-rated teacher training and
professional development sites or centers in Jiangsu Province.
4) JESIE has more than 16 years of professional experience in recruiting foreign teachers.
5) Each training site plans excursions so that teachers may explore their local city in China.